Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Show Idea! Feedback Needed!

For the last several years I have participated in the Dayton wood carving show.  This is a great show to renew old friendships in the wood carving world as well as make new friends and see some fabulous wood carvings.  I generally sell some ornaments, pins and other small whittlings.  This year I am trying something different.  In a continuing effort to introduce folks to whittling and carving I will have several seasonal pins as a "kit".  The kit will contain a finished pin to serve as a whittling guide (go-by), a blank, and a pin back.  I am hoping to provide an interesting little project that is not too hard for a beginner/intermediate whittler.

Also I've been asked to have some seasonal pins appropriate for kids to give their teachers.  For this effort I am adding a small bag with the pin.

No comments: