Sunday, October 2, 2011

Stress and Wood Carving

You ever get so stressed out that you were afraid to pick up a knife and some wood and just start carving?  Knowing that if you did, you'd probably do something stupid that would end up with blood and stitches.  That's where I am right now!  I've had the busiest week in the history of busy weeks.  Projects that did not go as planned.  Purchases that went bad.  Cars and vans (mine) that are making weird expensive sounds.  Gaining weight while dieting and running my butt off.  Hemorrhaging money every day.  Two big wood carving shows and sales looming on the horizon, for which I am participating.  Co-teaching a quilting class and getting ready to co-teach a beginners wood carving class.  Remodeling a house.  Wondering when and how I'll get up on the roof and clean out the gutters before it snows.  And speaking of trees - I suspect I'll be expected to rake one acre of yard with 12 mature trees on it.  My BP is up, my sugar is up, my bad cholesterol is up and the good cholesterol is down.  I don't even think I have an attitude anymore.  But tomorrow is a new day, and the start of a new week.  Lets hope.

No comments: