Here are some tips for whittling these little earrings:
1. Don't make them too large.
2. Whittle them at opposite ends of a 3/8 to 1/2 inch length of Basswood.
a. This set up enables you to safely hold the piece while whittling.
b. This set up also allows you to make the same cuts on each of the earrings,
so they will be the same when done.
3. Either whittle directly from the piece or use the scroll saw to cut the blank.
4. It's easier to use the French Hook earrings (lets the earrings dangle), rather
than the straight posts.
5. You can whittle one side or in the round.
6. If you whittle just one side, they make good little stick pins.
7. You either paint or stain the whittled earrings.
8. When you paint the earrings, leave them on the ends of the "stick". This way
it's easier to paint. After painting, cut them off, and just paint the bottoms.