Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Stylized Semi-Smoothie Eagle Head Stick

Here's a really simple and quick way to do an Eagle Head Stick.  It's Walnut, and 1 1/2 inches thick.  Merely trace the Eagle Head pattern, with the wood grain going "into" the handle for strength.  Since this is Walnut, I am doing what may be called a stylized semi-smoothie.  I am using a sanding sleeve and a rotary tool.  My first step was to cut the piece on the scroll saw, but a band saw may work better.  Next locate and drill the hole to accept the stick.  I drilled the hole 7/8 inch wide.  Next just use the rotary tool and sand drum/sleeve and round off the piece.  This I have started.  A real stylized  smoothie would have little or no detail carved in the piece, just the sanded smooth rounded piece.  I will add just a few details.

No comments: