Thursday, July 14, 2022

WHAT I HAVE BEEN DOING INSTEAD OF POSTING

 

Let me try to catch you all up on what I’ve been up to since my blogging came to a stop.  I’ll hit the highlights with photos and some dialog.  I’ll add some projects photos as I attempt to tell the story.

My biggest Woodworking adventure involved the making of a Christmas Tree ornament of the Grounded shrimp boat DONNA KAY.  The abandoned DONNA KAY was grounded on a beach ten minutes from my house, and became quite a celebrity item for several years, until she was cut up and removed.

 


This is the way the DONNA KAY was left.  She kind of stayed this way except during storms, when she might pivot around a bit.

Here’s some of the ornaments that I made from some of the wood salvaged from her.



These DONNA KAY ornaments are about 2 to 4 inches in length.  Each one had an “Eye piece: attached so they could be hung on a tree.  I enjoyed gifting these little boats.    I have made over 150 DONNA KAY ornaments to date.

    

 





The DONNA KAY project has kept me busy, with a purpose.  I need to be busy.  This project has brought me and others a lot of joy.  I did not want to be one of the many retired folks who just sit around and do nothing.  I wanted to have fun too.







I know this is not wood carving, but it’s working with wood.  I do use my pocket knife to shape the shrimp boats hull.

No comments: