Tuesday, June 12, 2012

New Blank For My Young Carvers

This past week I was at the Evert Woodcarvers Roundup in Michigan.  This is a fun few days of whittling and carving with ol' friends.  There's about 20 to 30 "instructors" that you can sit with and learn some new techniques, while having a great deal of fun.  Louanne Stearns is one of my favorites.  Louanne always has lots of fun small projects to do.  And I am always looking for small, fun projects that I can use with some young kids I "teach".  These young folk (10 years old) are using a cordless Dremel.  Here's a snowman ornament that Louanne had to carve.
Louanne suggested that this would be just the thing for the kids to do.
In fact Louanne give me a hand full of these blanks.  When I returned home the kids saw them and wanted to get to carving right away.  But alas, they had to go on vacation.  But they made me promise to keep these blanks for them to carve when they get home.  I think I'm just as excited as they are to get them carving these ornaments.
 

No comments: